Thursday, April 22, 2010

Overcoming myself, overcoming myself...

Right when I'm losing confidence a day happens that I realize I've made progress.

1. I was able to climb bars I wasn't able to a few weeks ago.
2. Mowing the lawn didn't exhaust me like it did last year.
3. A bra that was previously too small now is good for jumping and climbing in.

We haven't been jogging, but Mouse showed me some exercises from his endurance training. They're simple enough that I can be sitting, and they work without weights. For someone as weak as I am and, who has been working nearly full-time, this is perfect.

Today Dove and I went to a skate park and scaled the ramps and half-pipes, climbing up the backs and running down them. The bars there for grinding were perfect to hop over; I've been jumping over short things to learn keeping my ankles together and my knees up (In the non-sexual way, please). I still haven't overcome my fear of falling and landing. At the very least, I try not to complain when Dove and Mouse challenge me.

Dove hurt his ankle while leaping over things in Downtown. It's a minor pulled muscle that he's been keeping off of, nothing major, but at least we found some things to climb on.

No comments:

Post a Comment